Saturday, December 1, 2007

Birdies Ahoy! Jurong Bird Park

Its school holidays and being a nice sunny day, brought my nieces and nephews to Singapore Jurong Bird Park ... Havent visited the Bird Park since my school days, easily 10 years now! Gosh. There was a new African wilderness wetland which I have not seen before. Many birds I have not seen before like Birds of Paradise, Scarlet Ibises, Spoonbills ...

Realised the park did not changed much over all these years apart from new exhibits and some relocation of the bird exhibits. Is this good or bad? I dont know but I definitely enjoyed the familiarity of the tram ride, welcoming macaws photoshooting and the birdshows. There was still my favourite Penguin Showcase and the Owls World of Darkness - which I love best! Of course the bird shows are still as fantastic! If there's anything you wouldnt want to miss, its definitely all the live bird shows! Professionally done by the bird trainers and still as entertaining as ever! Sat through 2 bird shows at 11am and 4pm. The "Birds n Buddies" Show (show venue at: Pools Amphitheatre) and the "Kings of the Skies - Birds of Prey" (show venue at: Fuji Hawk Walk) but unfortunately missed the earlier "Fuji World of Hawks - Birds of Prey" show.. The kids definitely enjoyed themselves. Having got a chance to get close to nature and the birds! Definitely spent some good time there! Its good to learning about nature and birds all over again sometimes..

See a shot of my favourite birdshow here... can you spot the hawk?


No comments:

Post a Comment