Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tea Shake Hut


My emphasis these days (due to my problematic stomach) is nice simple good food haunts. Guess where I found my good meal this time. Amidst the busy Bugis Junction.

Many people may have overlooked this place as a just a bubble tea place. But hey! You maybe wrong. If you take a closer look next time, you realised a lot of the diners here are actually having fried rice, fried bee hoon, hor-fun and even claypot rice! But of course, most of them are still here for the tea. We are no different.


In particular, I like the Hot Almond Tea (@ S$4.50) and I never fail to order this every time I visit this place. The tea comes served in a white pot and with teacups and is enough for 2. I must also recommend the hot fried rice that comes served with 3 chicken wings! Maybe the rice is pre-cooked and then it is microwaved when served. But that simple dish is really good. Warm and delicious. A mouthful taken down with the chilli, it wont disappoint! Then finishing the meal with the Hot Almond Tea, this is one of life’s greatest simple pleasure! Ahh…


Tea Shake Hut is located at #01-56, Bugis Junction, Singapore. Do check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Like u I'm a huge fan of T Shake Hut, but alas, it's no more as I discovered to my horror yesterday, sob-sob...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely hope nothing terrible happened there.. cos I wld still like to go there for the almond tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To all: pls take note that unfortunately this little hut has closed and no longer exists at Bugis Junction anymore.

    ReplyDelete