Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lee Fun Nam Kee Chicken Rice


Its been a long time since I had a plate of chicken rice! I suppose its because at such stalls, only chicken is offered and there are no other variety of food served so I usually shun it for its lack of choice. Unless I am craving for chicken…

So today, I am craving for the simple soya sauce chicken again! In the Toa Payoh area, I thought of this stall. The main draw here is its famous soya sauce chicken and its rich thick gravy. (See above photo for what I mean) It looks like an ordinary plate of chicken rice but the gravy is very thick and sweet, goes very well with the hot fragrant rice and the tender soya sauce chicken. When you are at the stall, also must try the side dish – the Kai-Lan vegetables (@ S$5 for small plate). The vegetables are cooked with those little rich fried pig’s skin (“zhu you cha”) and are absolutely fragrant and delicious! This one is a must-try for me because I simply love the crunchiness of the fresh kai-lan. The restaurant also serves bean sprouts or wanton soups as side dishes. But for me, I strongly recommend the kai-lan.

Great soya sauce chicken meals (@ S$3.50 per plate) can be found at Lee Fun Nam Kee Chicken Rice located at Blk 94, #01-04 Toa Payoh Lorong 4, Singapore 310094 Tel: 6225 0891

1 comment: