Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ma maison restaurant

Gong xi fa cai! Chinese Lunar New Year was celebrated on 7 February 2008 and we had 2 days of holiday ushering the new year of the rat. Was busy visiting relatives I havent met for a while. Hope you had a wonderful time reuniting with friends and relatives at home too and may everyone have a happy, healthy and prosperous new year of the Rat!!

just before Chinese New Year, Teddy and me had gone New Year shopping at the new Central shopping centre located just beside the Clarke Quay MRT. Visited the Ma Maison Restaurant and had to recommend the fantastic dining there! The restaurant appear to be a Japanese chain. It appears to have a restaurant at Nagoya and few other places in Japan too. Some of its staff in the restaurant are also Japanese. The atmosphere inside the restaurant is just like its name - "my home". Warm and comfortable. The lighting was rather dim but I suppose this is to make the place more warm and cosy.



We decided to start off with an appetizer - scallop carpaccio. The dish was simply heavenly! Served cold, the scallops and lettuce greens were so fresh, they just melt away. The dressing compliments the fresh ingredients so well and it really starts your stomach off well as an appetizer with its taste not too sour nor too sweet. You yearn for more as the fresh after taste lingers in your mouth as you finish your mouthful...

After that, we ordered the main special - which was the "Tonkatsu rice set". It is served with miso soup, rice and desert. The set was beyond my expectations! Look at how the dressing and sauces are served, in interesting containers... The tonkatsu sauce was served in a little urn while the salad dressing was in a container. There was also a bottle of sea salt which you have to grind yourself. Really interesting.


The tonkatsu was served on top a strainer so that the oil will be kept away. Really thoughtful.





Last was our desert. An unforgettable one! It looked dark green with little black dots on it. I asked what this was. Green tea goma (seasame) ice-cream. Surprisingly, contrary to its ugly looks, it tastes simply wonderful!! I wish there was more of such ice-cream. Wonder if I can get my hands on this from the Japanese supermarkets. Its really simply lovely! You got to try it out.


Overall, I rate the restaurant very good. The dining experience was good and the food was great too! Ma Maison Restaurant is located at #03-96, Central (just beside Clarke Quay MRT), Singapore.

1 comment:


  1. I am trying to enter the loyalty card
    given to me at the restaurant. I've entered the website the loyalty card says to enter, but I can't find the site on the web. Please advise.

    ReplyDelete